My Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff Recipe will exceed your expectations! Cooking it in the slow cooker saves time and lets the flavors meld together to perfection. Once you make my recipe, you will never need another beef stroganoff recipe, I’m sure of it! Tender beef, soft noodles, fresh mushrooms, and a creamy sauce make this a family-favorite.
If you want more slow cooker ideas, don’t miss my slow cooker cashew chicken recipe.
Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff
For many people beef stroganoff is a family comfort food. The traditional version usually has a lot of calories and fat than most people want to eat. Using my Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff Recipe, you will have a lighter version that still has all the flavor.
The secret is in making sure you have a great cut of beef and using plenty of seasonings. The Worcestershire sauce and mushrooms add a wonderful deep rich flavor that is so good, you won’t miss the high-fat ingredients from a classic recipe.
Can you make beef stroganoff in a slow cooker?
YES! Absolutely. Making beef stroganoff in the slow cooker is the easiest way to make beef stroganoff. Since it using a tougher cut of meat, it needs to be cooked low and slow to get the best taste, allow the meat to break down and become the meat tender.
What is the best meat for stroganoff?
When making Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff Recipe you will want to use stew cubes. This is usually a tougher cut of meat, but since it cooks in the sauce, the toughness breaks down and creates tender pieces of meat. You can easily cut down a chuck roast or even a beef round roast if those are available to use in this recipe.
What is the sauce in stroganoff?
The Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff sauce is a combination of cream of mushroom soup, seasonings and in this case, greek yogurt. Traditionally, stroganoff has sour cream, but with this lighter version, the greek yogurt takes its place, cutting down on unnecessary calories.
Variations to The Best Cooker Beef Stroganoff Recipe
I love it when I can take a recipe and serve it different ways to change this up. It is a great way to be able to make something often, and not have everyone get tired of eating the same thing. When trying to change up slow cooker beef stroganoff consider:
- Can’t get stewing cubes? While stewing cubes are a great option for this recipe, sometimes the store might not have it or a different cut of meat is on sale. You can change up the beef to another cut of meat and have the same effect. While it doesn’t change the taste, it does let you save money.
- Serve on potatoes. Traditionally beef stroganoff is served over a start, usually noodles. Try serving it over mash potatoes or a baked potato. Also, you can even serve it over rice for a different option.
- stew beef
- baby Bella (cremini) mushrooms
- Campbell’s Healthy Request Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup
- Beef broth
- cooking sherry (optional)
- Worcestershire sauce
- salt and black pepper
- whole-grain egg noodles
- Greek yogurt
- fresh parsley
How to Make The Best Cooker Beef Stroganoff Recipe
Place the meat, mushrooms, mushroom soup, onion, beef broth, sherry, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, salt, and black pepper in the slow cooker and stir together.
Cook on high for 3 hours or low heat for 6 hours.
About 30 minutes before cooking time is up, cook bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Cook the noodles to al dente according to package directions.
Drain the noodles and add to the slow cooker along with the yogurt.
Stir to combine and heat through on low heat before serving. Serve garnished with the parsley.
The Best Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff
- 1½ pounds lean stew beef cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 8-ounce containers baby bella (cremini) mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 10.5-ounce can Campbell’s Healthy Request Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1 small onion diced
- ¾ cup low-sodium beef broth
- 2 tablespoons cooking sherry or low-sodium beef broth
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 12 ounces whole grain egg noodles dry
- 1 cup plain 0% Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Place the meat, mushrooms, mushroom soup, onion, beef broth, sherry, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, salt, and black pepper in the slow cooker and stir together.
- Cook on high for 3 hours or low heat for 6 hours.
- About 30 minutes before cooking time is up, cook bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat.
- Cook the noodles to al dente according to package directions.
- Drain the noodles and add to the slow cooker along with the yogurt.
- Stir to combine and heat through on low heat before serving.
- Serve garnished with the parsley.