My Bang Bang Shrimp Pasta recipe brings the heat and the spice to this seafood pasta dish! With red pepper flakes, Thai sweet chili sauce, and of course – Sriracha sauce add pasta and you’ve got a dish that will spice dinner up tonight! Enjoy!
You may be asking yourself what does bang bang shrimp taste like? From the words bang bang, you can probably imagine that means it’s got a bite. If you don’t like heat, I don’t suggest you eating this recipe. However, if you enjoy heat and can take it, you are going to love my version of bang bang shrimp.
You can literally make yourself some bang bang shrimp tacos, throw the shrimp over a salad or serve it over noodles. If you are on a low carb or keto diet, you can serve this bang bang shrimp over zoodles made from spiralized zucchini. However you decide to enjoy this recipe, you’ll be back for more!
Ingredients to make bang bang shrimp recipe
If you are just wanting to make the shrimp portion of this bang bang shrimp recipe you’ll simply need to combine all the ingredients that are listed in the printable version below. Simply skip the pasta if you are making tacos or serving another way.
How to Make Bang Bang Shrimp Tacos
Now that you have your shrimp made, you can throw these tasty shrimp in your favorite tortilla and top with your favorite taco ingredients. This Bang Bang Shrimp is perfect for so many variations or just eating as they are!
What you’ll need to make bang bang shrimp pasta recipe
- angel hair pasta
- shelled and deveined shrimp
- coconut oil
- black pepper
- light mayo
- thai sweet chili sauce
- lime juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- green onions
- red chili flakes, optional
How to Make Bang Bang Shrimp Pasta at home
Prepare angel hair pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
Place coconut oil in a skillet or wok and heat on medium-high heat.
In a small, shallow bowl, combine cornstarch, paprika, salt and pepper. With your hands, coat shrimp in cornstarch
mixture. Place coated shrimp in heated skillet. Keep shrimp moving in skillet for about 3-4 minutes or until shrimp turns to
a pink/ whiter in color. Set aside.
In a medium-sized bowl combine light mayonnaise, Thai sweet chili sauce, lime juice, Sriracha, salt and pepper. Pour over
pasta and toss gently. Serve hot in bowls and top with 10 pieces of shrimp, chopped green onions and optional red chili flakes.
Bang Bang Shrimp Pasta
- 8 ounces high-protein angel hair pasta I like Barilla® ProteinPLUS™
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- ½ tablespoon paprika
- ½ tablespoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound medium shrimp 40 shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 tablespoons plain 0% Greek yogurt
- 3 tablespoons sweet red chili sauce
- 2½ tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1½ teaspoons sriracha sauce
- ⅛ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 green onions thinly sliced
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Cook the pasta to al dente according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- In a large resealable bag, combine the cornstarch, paprika, chili powder, salt, and pepper. Add the shrimp, seal, and shake a few times to evenly coat the shrimp.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the yogurt, sweet chili sauce, 1½ tablespoons of the sesame oil, the lime juice, sriracha, and pepper flakes. Pour the sauce over the pasta and toss to evenly coat the pasta. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon sesame oil over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp and cook for 3 to 5 minutes, until the shrimp are pink, turning occasionally.
- Serve the shrimp over the pasta and garnish with the green onions.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.