Make this Chia Blackberry Smoothie Recipe for a perfect healthy breakfast on-the-go! I love starting my day loaded with nutrients, and this recipe is an ideal example of how to get those first thing in the morning. Blackberries, banana, almond milk, and stevia mix together alongside some superfood chia seeds to create a perfect drink!
Blackberry Smoothie Recipe
Do you love blackberries as much as I do? There is nothing like a fresh blackberry snack or smoothie when it is berry season. This smoothie is one of my favorite breakfast drinks because it has so much flavor, and is seriously healthy.
As soon as blackberry season hits, you’ll find one of these smoothies in my hand almost every morning!
Variations to a Blackberry Smoothie
The key to any recipe is being able to make it your own. It is important that you can change a recipe to make it fit your tastes. When changing this recipe consider:
- Adding more fruit. You can always add in more flavors by adding in more fruit. Strawberries are a great addition.
- Try adding in some greens. It will change the color, which some people are not a fan of, but the strong flavors of the fruit will cover the greens.
- Use different milk. While this recipe calls for vanilla almond milk, you can certainly use whatever milk you like.
How do you make a smoothie with strawberries and blackberries?
Making a smoothie with strawberries and blackberries is easy. Simply follow the ingredients for this blackberry smoothie and add in ½ cup of strawberries. You can choose to use frozen or fresh strawberries, whichever you have.
In fact, you can do this with almost any berry you prefer to add to the mix. Raspberries, blueberries, strawberries, and blackberries all have unique flavor but work well when combined.
How do you make a blackberry smoothie without yogurt?
Many smoothie recipes call for adding yogurt. My blackberry smoothie recipe uses almond milk. It is a simple swap. I am replacing the yogurt with milk. It creates a slightly thinner smoothie, but the ice or frozen fruit will keep the consistency of a traditional smoothie with yogurt.
More Smoothie Recipes
If you can’t tell yet, I love making smoothies for breakfast, or even sometimes as a special snack or dessert. Using fresh fruit, almond milk, and yogurt, I have created some great options for your breakfast below.
- Blueberry Smoothie Packed with Protein
- Chocolate Banana Protein Smoothie
- Protein Packed Strawberry Pineapple Smoothie Recipe
- Easy Protein Pumpkin Smoothie Recipe
- Best Green Smoothie
- Brownie Batter Chocolate Smoothie Recipe
If you want to sit down and savor your breakfast slowly, then this tutorial for how to make a smoothie bowl may be a good idea to check out!
- Vanilla almond milk
- Stevia or preferred sweetener
- Chia seeds
- Ice (optional)
How to Make a Blackberry Smoothie
Place all ingredients into a blender. If using frozen blackberries, you will not have to add ice. If using fresh blackberries, add in ¾ cup chopped ice to the blender. Blend all ingredients together for 30 seconds to 1 minute until well blended and smooth.
Chia Blackberry Smoothie Recipe
- 1 small banana
- 1 cup blackberries fresh or frozen
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almondmilk
- 1 tsp Stevia® or your favorite sweetener
- 1 tsp Chia seeds
- ¾ cup ice if using fresh blackberries
- Place all ingredients into a blender. If using frozen blackberries, you will not have to add ice. If using fresh blackberries, add in ¾ cup chopped ice to blender.
- Blend all ingredients together for 30 seconds to 1 minute until well blended and smooth.