This recipe teaches you How to Make a Smoothie Bowl with amazing fresh fruit, yogurt, and almond milk for a perfect healthy breakfast. I love knowing that my favorite fruits are super easy to blend together for a healthy breakfast that is ready in just minutes!
If you don’t have time to sit down for breakfast, you will love this best green smoothie recipe for drinking your breakfast on the go!
How to Make a Smoothie Bowl
Smoothie bowls are becoming a very popular breakfast idea. Filled with healthy ingredients, a smoothie bowl can be a great meal choice for someone who is looking for a lighter meal idea for a busy day. I love that you get all of the same nutrients and delicious flavors of a smoothie, but I can also add texture with whole berries, coconut, or even chopped nuts.
Brooke’s Tip: This recipe makes two servings. If you’re saving the second portion for the next morning, re-blend the smoothie mixture with one cup of ice to thicken it again.
How do you make this thicker?
The key to a great smoothie bowl is to make it thick. The best way to create a thick smoothie bowl is to start with less liquid than you would when making a drinkable smoothie. The other way to make a smoothie bowl thick is by using frozen fruit. It adds sweetness to the smoothie bowl recipe while keeping the consistency thick.
If your smoothie bowl is a bit too thin, you can always mix in some extra yogurt before serving, or toss in a few pieces of fruit to the blender.
What do you put on top of a Smoothie Bowl?
While you can put anything on top of this recipe, here are a few things that I suggest. When making this, I like to add a whole banana cut into slices, chia seeds, almond slivers and an assortment of fruits that you enjoy.
I also like to add 1 scoop of my favorite brand of protein powder She Activates.
Variations to this Recipe
The key to any recipe is being able to change the tastes to fit your needs or even just because you don’t have an ingredient on hand. When changing this smoothie bowl recipe consider:
- Different Fruit. While this is a great fruit combination, you can change the fruit to whatever fruit you like or have on hand.
- Different toppings. These are my favorite toppings, but you can change up and add whatever toppings you enjoy most.
- Vanilla Milk. When creating this smoothie bowl recipe, try changing the milk to vanilla-flavored milk. It will add more flavor to your smoothie bowl.
Smoothie Recipes You Will Enjoy:
If you prefer to drink your breakfast, I have some delicious recipes that are easy for you to prepare. Check out the links below and make sure to bookmark them to create in the future!
- Plain, nonfat yogurt
- Unsweetened Vanilla almond milk
- She Activates Vanilla Protein Powder
- Unsweetened coconut
- Chia seeds
How to Make A Smoothie Bowl:
Place the coconut in the center of a microwave-safe plate, and microwave in 30-second intervals, turning the coconut over until browned and toasted.
Combine the yogurt, almond milk, and frozen fruit in a blender and blend until smooth. The blended mixture will be thicker than a smoothie.
Pour 8 ounces into two bowls and top each bowl with the remaining sliced bananas, strawberries, blueberries, and 1 tablespoon of toasted coconut and 1 teaspoon of chia seeds.
- 1 cup plain, nonfat yogurt
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 banana, frozen
- 1/2 fresh banana, sliced (to top the bowls)
- 1/2 cup strawberries, frozen
- 1/4 cup fresh strawberries, sliced (to top the bowls)
- 1/2 cup blueberries, frozen
- 1/4 cup fresh blueberries (to top the bowls)
- 1/2 cup frozen raspberries
- 2 tbsp unsweetened coconut
- 2 tsp chia seeds
- Place the coconut in the center of a microwave safe plate, and microwave in 30 second intervals, turning the coconut over until browned and toasted.
- Combine the yogurt, protein powder, almond milk, and frozen fruit in a blender and blend until smooth. The blended mixture will be thicker than a smoothie.
- Pour 8 ounces into two bowls and top each bowl with the remaining sliced bananas, strawberries, blueberries, and 1 tablespoon of toasted coconut and 1 teaspoon of chia seeds.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.