Spiraled zucchini noodles and peanuts all done in one pan in under 15 minutes make this recipe for Zoodles Pad Thai a weeknight wonder recipe! The delicious sauce is made with traditional Pad Thai flavors and gives the zucchini noodles big flavor. I like to add sautéed shrimp or grilled chicken to this “Zoodles” recipe to increase the protein per serving, in this otherwise, already low carb and low calorie dish.
What If I Don’t Have a Spiralizer?
Don’t Worry. There are other ways you can make zucchini noodles without a spiralizer.
- Use a vegetable peeler. Apply light pressure with a vegetable peeler along the sides of the zucchini.
- Carve with a knife. Carefully carve strips from the zucchini, working until you reach the core.
- Shred with a grater. For short, rice-like zucchini noodles, roughly shred the vegetable lengthwise against a box grater. Press away excess liquid.
With all these suggested methods, make sure to toss out the soft seeded core of the zucchini to prevent your “zoodles” from being mushy and soft.
Recipes Similar to Zucchini Noodles “Zoodles” Pad Thai:
Creamy Avocado Pasta Zoodle Recipe
Asian Turkey Lettuce Wraps | Low Carb
Keto Thai Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Ingredients You Will Need to Make Zucchini Noodles “Zoodles” Pad Thai
Green onions, sliced in 1-inch pieces
Less sodium soy sauce
Rice wine vinegar
Red chili flakes
Directions for how to make Zucchini Noodles “Zoodles” Pad Thai:
Directions for how to make the sauce: start by using a medium bowl, and whisk together the sauce ingredients and set aside until needed.
Next, heat a wok, or large skillet (preferably with high sides) over medium-heat and add the oil and garlic, and cook until fragrant (about 30 seconds).
Crack and add the 2 eggs to the pan and lightly scramble for about 30-40 seconds. After the eggs are scrambled, add half of the green onions, and peanuts to the skillet and toss for about 30 seconds.
Finally, add the zoodles and the sauce that was made at the beginning of the recipe to the skillet. Use tongs to gently toss the zoodles into the sauce to evenly coat all of the zoodles. To serve, garnish with the remaining uncooked green onions, peanuts, bean sprouts, cilantro and a lime wedge.
15 Minute Zucchini Noodles "Zoodles" Pad Thai
- 4 medium zucchini (about 10-ounces each), made into zoodles with spiralizer
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 3 green onions, sliced in 1-inch pieces
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup unsalted peanuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 3 tbsp less sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp Sriracha sauce
- 1/4 tsp red chili flakes
- For the sauce: In a medium bowl, whisk together the sauce ingredients and set aside until needed.
- Heat a wok, or large skillet (preferably with high sides) over medium-heat. Add the oil and garlic, and cook until fragrant (about 30 seconds).
- Add the 2 eggs to the pan and lightly scramble for about 30-40 seconds. Add half of the green onions, and peanuts to the skillet, toss for about 30 seconds.
- Add the zoodles and the set aside sauce to the skillet. Use tongs to gently toss the zoodles into the sauce to evenly coat all of the zoodles.
- Garnish with the remaining uncooked green onions, peanuts, bean sprouts, cilantro and a lime wedge.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.