Italian Beef Recipe with Peppers
Is This a Keto Recipe?
This recipe can easily be made into a keto recipe if you wanted to make it that way. Simply leave out the garbanzo beans. The rest of the ingredients are keto-friendly. This will make a nice addition to your low carb meal plans.
Can I Substitute Ground Turkey in this Italian Beef Recipe
If you want to make this recipe with ground turkey you certainly can. Italian Beef will taste just as good as Italian turkey. The flavors will pop against the ground turkey.
- Bell peppers
- Lean ground beef or ground turkey
- Green onions
- Lemon juice
- Celery stalks
- Garbanzo beans chickpeas
- All-natural Italian salad dressing dry mix
- Parmesan cheese
- Crushed red pepper flakes
- Extra virgin olive oil
How to Make This Italian Beef Recipe
Spray a casserole dish with cooking spray. Set the oven to 350 degrees.
In a large skillet, cook the ground beef over medium heat. Cook the meat until it is no longer pink and is crumbled. Drain and set aside.
In the same skillet, add olive oil and cook the celery, garlic, peppers and green onions over medium heat. Cook about 4 to 6 minutes until it has softened.
Add the ground beef back to the skillet and add lemon juice, Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes, garbanzo beans, and water. Mix everything together and simmer for about 3 minutes.
Move the beef mixture to the prepared casserole dish and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
Bake for 15- 20 minutes until cheese is melted.
Italian Beef and Peppers
- 4 bell peppers diced (I used 1 red, 1 green, 1 orange, and 1 yellow)
- 1 lb lean ground beef or ground turkey
- 2 Tbsp garlic minced
- ½ cup green onions diced
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 4 celery stalks diced
- 15 oz can garbanzo beans chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 0.7 oz packet all-natural Italian salad dressing dry mix
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese grated
- ½ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large skillet, add ground beef and cook over medium heat.
- Use a fork or spatula to separate the ground beef and cook until no longer pink. Remove ground beef, place in a bowl, and set aside.
- In same skillet, over medium heat, add olive oil, celery, garlic, peppers and green onions. Cook vegetables 4-6 minutes, until they have softened.
- Return ground beef to skillet. Add lemon juice, Italian seasonings, red pepper flakes, garbanzo beans and 1 Tbsp water. Using a spoon, mix all ingredients together and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Transfer mixture to casserole dish. Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until cheese has melted.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.