These Easy Baked Parmesan Pork Chops are a simple and delicious weeknight meal option. Ready in just 30-minutes, they make a great last-minute meal that is always a hit with the family. Simply seasoned and baked, it has a great crispy coating that is baked instead of fried for a healthier meal.
Easy Baked Parmesan Pork Chops
Pork is the other white meat. A lean cut that is often overlooked, I love adding pork chops to our menu. Not only are they lean and high in protein, but they are also so easy to make and with just a few ingredients you can add so much flavor. This Easy Baked Parmesan Pork Chops Recipe is a family favorite because I can have it ready from start to finish in just 30-minutes.
Don’t fear pork! It makes a great lean protein option in your menu plan!
What Cut of Pork Chop Should I Use?
For this recipe, you can use both boneless and bone-in, but I much prefer the ease of a boneless pork chop. The flavor and cooking method would remain the same no matter which you choose. Just make sure that your pork is cooked to a safe temperature before eating, no matter what cut you choose.
You can also pick up bone-in pork chops on sale and simply trim the bone off the outside and bake as a boneless pork chop if you prefer. There is no right or wrong when making this recipe.
How do I Know Pork is Done Cooking?
The USDA says that a pork chop should be cooked to at least 145ºF internal temperature. Typically, the cooking time listed will be just right, ut if you have a thinner or thicker chop, you may need to adjust to prevent under or overcooked pork.
I also cannot say enough about getting a quality digital meat thermometer that has a longer probe you can put into the meat and leave in while cooking so it alerts you when it reaches temperature. If you are unsure about food safety, it’s a perfect addition to your kitchen gadgets.
What Sides Go with Pork Chops?
Much like chicken, pork is versatile enough to add just about any side you wish. I have eaten them with many things including classics like pasta or potatoes, but below are a few of my favorite sides that work great alongside my parmesan pork chops recipe.
- Creamy Mashed Cauliflower Recipe
- Rosemary Garlic Potato Parsnip Mash
- Honey Candied Carrots Recipe
- Healthy Homemade Creamed Corn Recipe
- Country Style Best Green Beans Recipe
- Orange Balsamic Crispy Brussel Sprouts Recipe
- Parmesan cheese
- Milk or Skim Milk
- Black pepper
- Seasoned bread crumbs
- Panko Bread Crumbs
- Pork Chops
How to Make Easy Baked Parmesan Pork Chops
Preheat the oven and spray a baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
Whisk together the egg, milk, salt, and pepper in a shallow bowl.
Stir together the Parmesan cheese, both bread crumbs, and additional salt and pepper in a second bowl.
Dip the pork chops into the egg, then the cheese and breadcrumb mixture, and lay onto the baking dish.
Spray the tops with cooking spray, and cook uncovered for 14-16 minutes or until at temperature and golden brown.
Easy Baked Parmesan Pork Chops
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon milk or skim milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 4 4-ounce lean, boneless pork chops
- 3/4 cup Panko bread crumbs
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and coat a 9x13-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a shallow dish, whisk together the egg, and milk.
- In a second shallow dish or plate, stir together the cheese, both bread crumbs, and the salt and black pepper.
- Dip the pork chops in the egg, allowing excess to drip off, and then dip them in the breadcrumbs and cheese mixture. Transfer to prepared baking pan.
- Spray the tops of the pork chops with cooking spray, and bake in the prepared baking dish uncovered for 14-16 minutes, or until cooked through and golden.
Calories from fat: 116
Saturated Fat: 5g
Protein: 30g Smart Points: 8
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.