These Chocolate Protein Powder Waffles are some of my favorites for a sweet breakfast choice! Of course, I love chocolate, and adding healthy protein to chocolate is a match made in Heaven! Sweet breakfast isn’t bad! You can have them and enjoy them with no guilt, and this is one of the easiest ways to make that happen!
The base of every good protein recipe starts with a great tasting protein powder, and my FAVORITE protein powder to use is my She Activates Brand. I like to use the chocolate flavor to make this recipe for my Chocolate Protein Waffles and I think it’s the Best Ever!
Protein Powder Waffles
These easy chocolate waffles are a great idea to make in advance and have for fast and delicious breakfasts in the morning. I love knowing I can feed my chocolate craving while also adding protein to my day! What more could you ask for in a waffle recipe? You see that I topped this with a bit of whipped topping and fresh fruit. You can always add maple syrup, or a sugar-free syrup option if counting calories and watching your sugar content.
My red velvet donuts are another great chocolate-flavored breakfast idea you will love. Of course, if you want a different flavor but still sweet, I love my vanilla-flavored easy scones recipe. My family says this cinnamon coffee cake is the best sweet breakfast!
Variations of protein powder waffles
As I mentioned the key to any great protein recipe is starting with a good tasting protein powder that is low in calories and carbohydrates. I like to use She Activates Chocolate but you could also substitute for the Vanilla.
- Use variety in toppings. Try using different fruit and different toppings on the chocolate protein waffles such as blackberries, raspberries, pecans, walnuts, butter, Cool Whip, peanut butter, bananas, strawberries, or natural jelly spread.
- Make them with added dry ingredients. I like to add a little bit of coconut flour or whole wheat flour to give the waffles a fluffier consistency and you can use whatever milk that you have on hand in the fridge. As for toppings, I suggest trying fresh fruit like blueberries, bananas, or strawberries and finish off the waffles with light syrup and light Cool Whip topping.
These chocolate protein waffles make the perfect pre-workout breakfast or you can make a batch of these ahead of time to keep on hand for snacks during the week..
- She Activates® Protein Powder Chocolate Flavor
- Coconut Flour
- Baking Powder
- Unsweetened Almond Milk
How to Make Chocolate Protein Powder Waffles
Preheat the waffle iron. In a small mixing bowl, whisk together all of the ingredients until smooth. The batter will have the consistency of a thick pancake batter. Grease the waffle iron or spray with nonstick cooking spray, pour the batter, and cook the waffle according to waffle iron instructions. Serve with optional toppings as desired.
Chocolate Protein Waffles
- 1 scoop She Activates® Protein Powder Chocolate
- 1 tbsp coconut flour or whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- fresh fruit, whipped cream, butter, light maple syrup (not included in nutrition calculations)
- Preheat the waffle iron.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together all of the ingredients until smooth. The batter will have the consistency of a thick pancake batter.
- Grease the waffle iron or spray with nonstick cooking spray, pour the batter, and cook the waffle according to waffle iron instructions.
- Serve with optional toppings as desired.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.