I am in love with this Tropical Fruit Smoothie! It is totally packed with delicious flavor, and the added protein makes it a perfect way to start your day. With only 4 ingredients needed, this is one smoothie everyone can make in no time at all!
Love tropical-flavored smoothies? You will love this Pineapple Smoothie.
Healthy Tropical Fruit Smoothie
Should I Use Canned or Fresh Fruit for my Smoothie?
When you are making this smoothie the best choice is to use frozen fruit. This gives you the consistency of a smoothie without adding ice. It also gives you fresh healthy fruit that was packed when it was in season. If you prefer you can use fresh fruit and add ice to the blender. I do not recommend using canned fruit in a smoothie.
Tip: When produce is on sale in the summer months, buy and prepare in smoothie bags for future fast breakfasts. This is perfect for taking advantage of the short season for strawberries, mangoes, and pineapple.
Can I Use Coconut Milk Instead?
The coconut flavor in this smoothie comes from the coconut extract. You can also use coconut milk instead of using unsweetened almond milk. This will add coconut flavor. If you need more coconut flavor, consider adding in the extract with the coconut milk.
You can truly use any milk you prefer in this smoothie, but I prefer almond milk as it is so readily available and affordable. Plus, we just like the flavor for most recipe needs.
More Smoothie Recipes
If you want more smoothie inspiration for your meals, look no further! I have tons of amazing smoothie ideas to share and know you’ll love the delicious benefits of them alongside this easy tropical fruit smoothie.
- Creamy Peach Smoothie
- Healthy Green Tea Smoothie
- Dreamsicle Orange Banana Smoothie
- Raspberry Mocha Smoothie with Protein
- Delicious Blueberry Smoothie
- Chocolate Banana Protein Smoothie
- Protein-Packed Strawberry Pineapple Smoothie
- Best Green Smoothie
- Pumpkin Smoothie Recipe
- Brownie Batter Smoothie
- Unsweetened almond milk
- Frozen tropical fruit mix
- Vanilla protein powder
- Coconut extract
How to Make a Tropical Fruit Smoothie
Blend all of the ingredients together in a blender until smooth.
MyWW Plan Points
Blue: 6 SP
Green: 6 SP
Purple: 6 SP
Tropical Protein Smoothie
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup frozen tropical fruit mix
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- ½ teaspoon coconut extract
- *If using fresh fruit instead of frozen add 1 cup of ice cubes. Adjust ice or liquid accordingly for desired consistency.
- Blend all of the ingredients together in a blender until smooth.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.