This post may contain affiliate links, view our disclosure policy.
Looking for the perfect St. Patrick’s day treat? Look no further! My Easy Pistachio Bread is a sweet bread that has whole pieces of pistachio and is beautifully green! This bread (more like cake!) is first prepared with boxed cake mix. Then, I add eggs, pistachio pudding mix, oil, and sour cream for a super tasty cake. Optional green food coloring and whole pistachios are added at the end to give that signature pistachio color. This Easy Pistachio Bread Recipe will be your favorite dessert this March!
Recipes Similar to Easy Pistachio Bread:
What Are the Health Benefits of Pistachios?
Pistachios are an excellent source of healthy fats needed in your diet, including vitamin B6. They promote weight loss, lower cholesterol, and can help improve eyesight. Pistachios promote healthy gut bacteria and aid in digestion. Most importantly, they are one of the tastiest nuts out there! This simple cake displays the pistachios so nicely, and the cake has that signature hue of green.
I am nuts for pistachio recipes! Are you? If so, try my Pistachio Crusted Baked Halibut Recipe!
Ingredients in My Easy Pistachio Bread Recipe:
- yellow cake mix
- eggs (skinny swap egg whites)
- instant pistachio pudding mix (skinny swap sugar-free, fat-free pistachio pudding mix)
- sour cream (skinny swap reduced-fat sour cream)
- vegetable oil (skinny swap unsweetened applesauce)
- almond extract
- chopped pistachios
- optional green gel food coloring
How to Make Easy Pistachio Bread
Preheat oven to 350ºF.
Spray a 8.5 x 4 1/4 x 2 3/4-inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
Mix all ingredients except the pistachios and food coloring using a stand mixer or hand held mixer until well blended.
Pour batter into prepared pan.
Gently fold in the pistachios and stir in the food coloring if using.
Bake for 40-45 minutes.
Allow bread to cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan and serving.
Easy Pistachio Bread
- 1 box yellow cake mix, dry mix only
- 4 eggs skinny swap egg whites
- 1 3 oz. instant pistachio pudding mix skinny swap sugar free, reduced fat
- 1 cup sour cream skinny swap light sour cream
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil skinny swap applesauce
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 3/4 cup chopped pistachios
- 2-3 drops green gel food coloring
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Spray a 8.5 x 4 1/4 x 2 3/4-inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Mix all ingredients except pistachios and food coloring using a stand mixer or hand held mixer until well blended.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Gently fold in the pistachios and stir in the food coloring if using.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Allow bread to cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan and serving.