This is my go-to Cheesy Beef Enchiladas recipe, and it’s perfect for Taco Tuesdays or any other night of the week. Lighter beef, tons of spices, and a perfect amount of sauce and cheese on the rolled enchiladas make it an ideal weeknight dinner.
Check out my tips for making a fresh salsa recipe alongside these beef enchiladas for a perfect Mexican dinner!
Cheesy Beef Enchiladas
This cheesy beef enchilada recipe is fantastic when topped with my homemade red enchilada sauce. You can quickly whip up a batch and keep it in your refrigerator for weekly taco night! Of course, you can grab your preferred can or jar of enchilada sauce at your local store.
With a bit of added green chiles in the recipe, you have all the heat and flavor needed to satisfy even the biggest food critic in your life!
Variations to beef enchiladas
Feel free to swap shredded pork or shredded chicken in place of the lean ground sirloin in this recipe. I also like to add diced jalapenos for a little extra spice or red or green bell pepper for added fiber. In addition to shredded cheese, you could top this recipe with diced avocado and light sour cream.
Tip: Use my copycat barbacoa recipe in place of ground beef to make this even more delicious! You can also top it with my authentic guacamole recipe for a more creamy flavor.
More Mexican Recipes You Will Love
We love all of the spice and flavor of Mexican and Tex-Mex recipes. Below are some healthy options you should add to your menu plan!
- Lean Ground Beef
- Green Chiles
- Chili powder
- Red Enchilada Sauce
- Cheddar Cheese Soup
- Low-Carb Whole Wheat Tortillas
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
How to make this Cheesy Beef Enchiladas Recipe
Preheat the oven to 350°F and coat a 9×13-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add the beef and the onions. Brown, the meat, breaking it up with a wooden spoon until it is no longer pink and the onions are translucent about 8-10 minutes.
Next, add the green chiles, chili powder, cumin, and cheddar cheese soup, and stir together to combine.
Next, add one-third of the enchilada sauce to the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Fill each tortilla evenly, and roll them up, placing them seam-side down in the prepared baking dish.
Cover the tortillas with the remaining enchilada sauce and sprinkle the shredded cheese on top. Loosely cover the enchiladas with foil and bake in the oven for about twenty minutes. Uncover the enchiladas and bake for an additional ten minutes or until the cheese is melted and the sides are bubbly.
Best Cheesy Beef Enchiladas Recipe
- 1.5 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 4-ounce can diced green chiles
- 1 10.75 ounce Cheddar Cheese Soup
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 10-ounce cans red enchilada sauce
- 8 low carb tortillas I like La Banderita
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese, shredded (to make it lighter, substitute with reduced-fat shredded cheddar cheese) I like to hand shred cheddar cheese as it melts easier but feel free to use a package
- Preheat the oven to 350° F and coat a 9x13-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add the beef and the onions. Brown the beef, breaking it up with a wooden spoon until it is no longer pink and the onions are translucent, about 8-10 minutes.
- Next, add the green chiles, chili powder, cumin, salt, pepper, and can of cheddar cheese soup, and stir together to combine.
- Pour 1/3 of the enchilada sauce into the bottom of the prepared baking dish.
- Fill each tortilla evenly, and roll them up, placing them seam-side down in the prepared baking dish.
- Cover the tortillas with the remaining enchilada sauce and sprinkle the shredded cheese on top.
- Cover loosely with foil and bake for 20 minutes. Remove foil and bake for an additional 10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the sides are bubbly.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.