Greek Yogurt Cinnamon Coffee Cake Recipe
Can I Use a Spice Cake Mix for this Recipe?
While I use a yellow cake mix to make this cake, you can certainly change it up and use a different flavor of cake mix to create a different flavor. You can use a spice cake mix to create a cake that brings in more of the fall flavors. Do everything exactly the same with the recipe, just substitute that instead of the yellow cake mix for this cinnamon coffee cake recipe.
Does this Easy Coffee Cake Recipe need a Glaze?
When I make this easy coffee cake recipe, I do not usually use a glaze. I like the simple cinnamon sugar over the top. However, if you wanted to make a simple glaze using powdered sugar and milk, you could. Just remember to recalculate the nutritional values since it will change when adding the glaze.
Ingredients for Easy Coffee Cake
- yellow cake mix
- non-fat plain Greek yogurt
- unsweetened applesauce
- almond flour
- brown sugar
How to Make Cinnamon Coffee Cake
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8*8 baking dish with cooking spray.
In a small bowl, mix together the topping: Stevia, brown sugar and cinnamon. Set aside.
In a large bowl, mix together the cake mix, yogurt, egg whites, apple sauce, almond flour, salt, and vanilla. Once the batter is smooth, pour it into the baking dish.
Sprinkle 1/8 cup of topping over the cake batter. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the top of the cake is golden brown.
When the cake is done, sprinkle the remaining topping over the cake and let it cool for 10 minutes.
Greek Yogurt Cinnamon Coffee Cake
- 9 oz yellow cake mix
- ½ cup non-fat plain Greek yogurt
- ½ cup water
- 2 large egg whites
- 3 Tbsp unsweetened applesauce
- 1 Tbsp almond flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 Tbsp Stevia®
- 1½ Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly coat an 8” x 8” baking dish with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- To make the coffee cake topping: in a small bowl, stir together the Stevia®, brown sugar and cinnamon, mix well. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix dry cake mix, yogurt, water, egg whites, applesauce, almond flour, salt and vanilla until smooth. Pour coffee cake batter into baking dish.
- Lightly sprinkle ⅛ cup of the coffee cake topping over the coffee cake batter. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until top is golden.
- Sprinkle cake with remaining sugar topping. Let cool for 10 minutes.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.