Looking for baked donut recipe that is is perfect for the fall season? When you are craving pumpkin and cream cheese, there is only one thing that will due. Enjoy these Baked Pumpkin Donuts with Cream Cheese Glaze.
Looking to complete your breakfast? Why not include the Best Green Smoothie? Have these great tasting pumpkin donuts with the healthy ingredients in your smoothie.
Easy to Make Pumpkin Donuts with Cream Cheese Glaze
Use this recipe to give in to your most indulgent fall flavor fantasies. These must-try Cream Cheese Glazed Pumpkin Donuts have become an autumn breakfast staple at my house, and it doesn’t hurt that they come in at just over 200 calories per donut!
Is this a pumpkin cake donut recipe?
When I made these pumpkin cake donut recipe, I decided to use a spice cake mix as the base. This saves time and makes it even easier to make the donuts. It also gives the great pumpkin spice to these donuts. When you are making these baked donuts if you do not want to use a cake mix, you can make your own dry spice cake mix instead.
Ingredients for pumpkin spice donut recipe
- spice dry cake mix
- pure pumpkin
- unsweetened applesauce
- pumpkin pie spice
- no-fat cream cheese
- powdered sugar
- skim milk
How to make pumpkin donuts
To make these donuts you will want to start with a preheated 375 degree oven. Spray the donut pans with cooking spray. In a mixer, mix together dry cake mix, pumpkin, applesauce, and pumpkin pie spice. Mix it together until there are no lumps.
When you are ready to fill the donut pans, you will want to put the batter in a pastry bag or use a resealable bag with the corner cut as an opening. Squeeze the batter into the donut pans and back for about 10 minutes until the donuts are baked all the way through.
How to make cream cheese glaze for baked donut recipe
Making cream cheese glaze for this baked donut recipe is very easy. Using a mixer blend together the softened cream cheese, powdered sugar and skim milk. Once the donuts are cooled, drizzle the glaze over the donuts.
Pumpkin Donuts with Cream Cheese Glaze
- 1 box Duncan Hines® Spice Cake dry cake mix only
- 15- ounce can 100% pure pumpkin
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
Cream Cheese Glaze:
- 4- ounces softened ⅓ less fat cream cheese
- 4 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1½ tablespoons skim milk
- Preheat oven to 375º F, and spray donut pans with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a tall stand-up mixer or in a large bowl using a hand-held mixer, mix dry cake mix, pumpkin, extra virgin olive oil, and pumpkin pie spice.
- Blend 3-4 minutes until lump-free and fluffy.
- Place batter in a pastry bag or a resealable bag. If using a resealable bag, cut a small hole in corner of bag. Use the bag to squeeze batter into donut pans.
- Bake donuts in oven for 10-12 minutes until cooked through.
For Cream Cheese Glaze:
- In a stand-up mixer or in a large bowl using a hand-held mixer, blend softened cream cheese, powdered sugar, and skim milk.
- Remove donuts from oven and pans.
- Generously brush cream cheese glaze over both sides of donuts.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.