Do you love a good sweet crepe recipe? Wait until you try this delicious Caramel Apple Sweet Crepe Recipe. You will not believe how easy it is, how amazing it tastes and see how fast they disappear.
You Need this Caramel Apple Sweet Crepe Recipe
Your family will be impressed this weekend when you whip up a batch of Caramel Apple Cinnamon Crepes! Truth be told, it’s actually a lot easier than it sounds. And at a mere 143 calories per crepe, I’d say they’re worth digging into. Try topping them with my 4-Minute Caramel Sauce—you won’t be disappointed.
What to Serve with Caramel Apple Sweet Crepe Recipe
While this makes a special breakfast or a sweet treat, it is usually served alone. However, it also makes an amazing addition to any brunch menu. Try adding these other brunch ideas for an amazing tasting meal.
- Best Ever Chocolate Protein Waffles
- REFRESHING CANTALOUPE JUICE RECIPE
- EASY SHRIMP AND GRITS RECIPE
- CHOCOLATE RASPBERRY STUFFED POPPERS
- HEALTHY BAKED CRAB RANGOON RECIPE
- HEALTHY GREEN BEAN FRIES RECIPE WITH CREAMY HONEY MUSTARD
Variations to Caramel Apple Crepes
While there isn’t much that you can change in these crepes, there are few minor things that you can change.
- Regular milk: While this recipe using almond milk, you can certainly use regular skim milk as well. It changes the point count so make sure to track the changes.
- Filling: These are caramel apple crepes but you could change the fruit if you wanted. You could actually use the crepe recipe itself and use it with any kind of filling.
- White Flour: This recipe uses white whole wheat flour because it is much healthier and more nutritious than regular bleached white flour. If that is all you have or all you like, it is possible to make this recipe using it.
Ingredients in Caramel Apple Sweet Crepe Recipe
- Silk Unsweetened Original Almond Milk
- White whole wheat flour
- unsalted butter
- sweet apples
- brown sugar
- lemon juice
- Light Cool Whip topping (optional)
How to Make Caramel Apple Sweet Crepe Recipe
Caramel Apple Sweet Crepe Recipe
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup water
- ¾ cup Silk® Unsweetened Original Almondmilk
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon nutmeg
- ⅛ teaspoon allspice
- 2 large sweet apples thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅛ nutmeg
- ⅛ allspice
- Light Cool Whip Topping
- Mix the apples and spices together, cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Place all of the crepe batter ingredients together in a blender and blend on high for 10-12 seconds. Push down the sides if needed and blend again for 1-2 seconds. Refrigerate the batter for 1 hour, to 24 hours maximum.
- When ready to cook, heat a medium skillet over medium-low heat and cook the apples with their juices for 6-8 minutes, or until soft. Set aside until ready to fill the crepes.
- To make the crepes: Heat a small (8-inch) nonstick skillet over medium heat. Lightly butter the skillet.
- Scoop the batter using a ¼ measuring cup. Turn the pan until the batter coats the entire surface.
- Allow the batter to set and for the edges to dry up slightly and curl. Gently loosen the edges with the tip of a rubber spatula, then flip the crepe and cook for 10 seconds on the opposite side.
- Slide the crepe out onto a plate and fill with the apple mixture in the center. Fold the two edges inward on themselves.
- Drizzle ½ tablespoon of caramel sauce over each crepe.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.