￼￼￼￼My Buffalo Chicken Pinwheels are one of those simple but amazing appetizers that will have you amazed at how delicious they are! The combination of chicken, spinach, buffalo sauce, and even a bit of bleu cheese on a tortilla can still be a lower calorie treat!
If you want more Buffalo in your diet (just kidding) – you might try my Healthier Buffalo Chicken Wings.
Easy Buffalo Chicken Pinwheels
While this buffalo chicken pinwheels recipe is for an appetizer, I honestly make this on a regular basis to use as a super yummy lunch. You can make up a batch of them, slice them up, and keep them in a nice large storage container in the fridge. Then, all you have to do is grab 3-4 of them and put into your lunchbox or containers to take on the go.
What’s the Best Chicken to Use in These Pinwheels?
You’ll see below that I used some low-fat chicken breast slices from the deli counter for this recipe. Since I keep it on hand almost all the time anyway, it was handy for this recipe. I have used deli chicken breast, buffalo flavored deli chicken breast, shredded rotisserie chicken, and even chunks of leftover grilled chicken for this recipe. As long as it is lean, and not deep-fried, I will use it in this recipe.
More Buffalo Flavored Recipes
If you hadn’t noticed, we just love buffalo chicken flavored recipes. There are tons of ways to add hot sauce to your recipes, and below are some of my favorites that are always winners on the dinner table!
- Healthier Buffalo Chicken Wings
- Easy Buffalo Chicken Bites
- Spicy Deviled Eggs Recipe with Buffalo Sauce
- Greek yogurt ranch dressing
- Hot sauce
- Whole wheat tortillas
- Deli chicken
- Red onion
- Blue cheese
How to Make Buffalo Chicken Pinwheels
In a small mixing bowl, stir together the ranch and hot sauce. Spread 1 tablespoon of the dressing on each tortilla, leaving about ¼ -inch border on all sides.
For each wrap, layer ½ cup spinach, 6-8 slices of chicken, 8-10 slices of onions, and a heaping tablespoon of blue cheese. Tightly roll the wrap, leaving the ends open.
Slice each end off that doesn’t have a filling, and evenly slice 8 pinwheels from each wrap, about ½ inch thick before serving. If you make a large batch, you will want to store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Easy Buffalo Chicken Pinwheels
- 3 tablespoons ranch yogurt dressing
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 3 large low-carb high-fiber whole wheat tortillas
- 1½ cups baby spinach leaves
- ¼ cup red onion thinly sliced
- ½ pound low-fat deli chicken breast thinly sliced
- ¼ cup reduced-fat blue cheese crumbles
- In a small mixing bowl, stir together the ranch and hot sauce. Spread 1 tablespoon of the dressing on each tortilla, leaving about ¼ -inch border on all sides.
- For each wrap, layer ½ cup spinach, 6-8 slices of chicken, 8-10 slices of onions, and a heaping tablespoon of blue cheese. Tightly roll the wrap, leaving the ends open.
- Slice each end off that doesn’t have filling, and evenly slice 8 pinwheels from each wrap, about ½ inch thick.
- Serve chilled as an appetizer.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.