Looking for the BEST Mashed Potatoes recipe? This recipe for Chipotle Mashed Potatoes with Sour Cream is the best recipe for mashed potatoes that you will ever try.
Try these Chipotle Mashed Potatoes with Sour Cream
Mix up your traditional mashed or baked potatoes with my Chipotle Mashed Potatoes recipe! The chipotle peppers in this dish offer up the most fab color and bold flavor without being too hot to handle! The peppers are totally balanced out by the light sour cream and skim milk used to mash the potatoes. This is such an easy addition to traditional mashed potatoes, but it makes a delicious difference!
How long to boil potatoes for mashed potatoes
It seems that many people wonder how long to boil potatoes for mashed potatoes. When you are boiling the potatoes for mashed potatoes, you will want to boil them for about 15 to 20 minutes. The goal is to get the potatoes to be fork tender. If they are not fork tender the potatoes will be lumpy.
What to Serve with Mashed Potatoes
I love these mashed potatoes as a side dish. It goes with so many delicious recipes. Here are a few ideas to serve with these mashed potatoes.
- Roasted Balsamic Chicken and Vegetables Recipe
- Easy Slow Cooker Cashew Chicken Recipe
- Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole – Keto and Low Carb
- Easy 4-Ingredient BBQ Ranch Baked Chicken
- Blackened Chicken with Avocado Cream Sauce with Video
Can Mashed Potatoes be Frozen
Potatoes can be frozen, however, sometimes the texture fo the potatoes change. You can freeze the potatoes to use for another meal or if you have left overs that will spoil before you can eat them all.
How to Reheat Frozen Mashed Potatoes
The best way to reheat frozen mashed potatoes is to let them thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Once they are thawed you can reheat the mashed potatoes on the stove top, in the oven, in the microwave or in a slow cooker.
Ingredients for Chipotle Mashed Potatoes
- Russet Potatoes
- Reduced Fat Sour Cream
- Skim Milk
- Chipotle Peppers in Adobe Sauce
How to Make Chipotle Mashed Potatoes with Sour Cream
Chipotle Mashed Potatoes with Sour Cream
- 2½ lbs russet potatoes about 5-6 small potatoes or 3-4 medium potatoes
- ½ cup reduced-fat sour cream
- ½ cup skim milk
- 1 Tbsp garlic minced
- 1 Tbsp chopped chipotle peppers in adobe sauce
- ½ tsp salt
- Wash potatoes and slice into chunks.
- Add potatoes and garlic to medium-size stock pan.
- Cover potatoes with water and cook on medium-high heat for 15-20 minutes or until potatoes have softened.
- Drain potatoes and add to a large bowl.
- Using a potato masher, mash potatoes.
- Add light sour cream, skim milk, salt and chopped chipotle peppers in adobe sauce to mashed potatoes.
- Using a stand mixer or hand mixer, mix potatoes until creamy. Adjust potatoes with additional salt and pepper.