Ready for a healthy BBQ Chicken Salad recipe that will taste amazing? This is the best southwest chicken salad you will ever taste. It is packed with healthy ingredients that are sure to make your tastebuds happy. If you have an extra 15 minutes, I strongly suggest making my BBQ Sauce Recipe. It’s totally worth it!
Make these BBQ Ranch Chicken Breasts for dinner one night and then make this BBQ Chicken Salad Recipe the next night with the leftovers.
Healthy BBQ Chicken Salad Recipe
Try out this southwestern inspired salad using slow cooker shredded chicken for a spicy twist. This salad is hearty enough for dinner. Fresh ingredients mixed with the crunch of crisp lettuce and blue corn chips offer a satisfying taste leaving you wanting more and more! This will no doubt be a new favorite.
Does this have to be a hot chicken salad?
If you prefer to make this hot chicken salad into a cold chicken salad, you certainly can. You can refrigerate the chicken after it is made, and then serve it for this chicken salad later.
What are the Healthiest Salad Greens?
Most people make a salad with iceberg lettuce but when looking for the healthiest salad greens, the last one you want to use is an iceberg. Iceberg is actually the least nutritious. For the healthiest salad greens, you can have use spinach, kale and green leaf lettuce in your salad.
Can I make this Southwest Chicken Salad Ahead of Time?
If you want to make this southwest chicken salad ahead of ti,e you can make the salad and toss it together but do not add the dressing. After making the salad, store it in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. When you are ready to serve, add the dressing. Do not add the dressing soon because it will make the salad soggy.
- boneless, skinless chicken breast
- organic low-sodium chicken broth
- kosher salt
- black pepper
- Romaine lettuce
- Roma tomatoes
- yellow corn
- black beans
- red onion
- reduced-fat Mexican shredded cheese
- ½ cup light ranch dressing
- Stubb’s Original All-Natural Bar-B-Q Sauce
- unsalted blue corn tortilla chips
How to Assemble a BBQ Chicken Salad
Make the chicken by boiling it in a large stockpot with the chicken broth. Cook for about 25 minutes until the chicken is no longer pink. Shred the chicken with a fork once it is cool enough to touch.
Add salt and pepper to the shredded chicken.
Place Romaine lettuce in a large bowl, top with diced tomato, corn, beans, onion, and cheese.
Add the ranch dressing and BBQ sauce on top of the salad and then toss together.
Serve immediately topped with tortilla chips.
Healthy BBQ Chicken Salad Recipe
- 10- ounce boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 cups Pacific® Organic Low Sodium Chicken Broth
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 8 cups Romaine lettuce chopped
- 2 Roma tomatoes diced
- 1½ cups yellow corn drained and rinsed
- 1½ cups black beans drained and rinsed
- ½ red onion diced
- 1 cup Sargento® Reduced Fat 4 Cheese Mexican Shredded Cheese
- ½ cup light ranch dressing https://lifewithbrooke.com/light-buttermilk-ranch/
- ½ cup Stubb’s® Original All-Natural Bar-B-Q Sauce
- ½ cup unsalted blue corn tortilla chips crumbled (I used Garden of Eatin'®, Unsalted)
- In a large stockpot on high heat, add 2 cups of chicken broth to a boil. Add chicken breasts and cook for 25 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in the middle. Remove breasts from water and set on a plate to cool. When cool enough to touch, shred chicken breasts with a fork.
- Season shredded chicken with salt and pepper.
- Place Romaine lettuce in a large bowl, top with diced tomato, corn, beans, onion, and cheese.
- Pour ranch dressing and BBQ sauce on top of the salad and gently toss to combine.
- Serve immediately topped with tortilla chips.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.