Looking for a twist on PB&J? This peanut butter and jelly is so much more than a sandwich. Rolled Sushi style, this is a delicious and fun way to enjoy a sandwich.
Want something to make with this peanut butter and jelly? It goes terrific with Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries Recipe. The strawberries taste like a dessert but it is actually very healthy.
Peanut Butter and Jelly Sushi Style
“Don’t play with your food!” How many times have you said that to your kids? If you are anything like us, then your kids probably hear it weekly! However, this recipe will actually encourage you and your kids to play with your food by making PB&J Sushi!
Can I freeze PB&J Sushi?
This PB&J Sushi is great for breakfast, lunch, or a snack. You can keep it on hand so that you can grab it for lunches. If you don’t have time to make this sushi as needed, you can make it ahead and store it in the freezer. When making this pb&j sushi you will want to wrap it in wax paper and store it in a freezer bag. As you are ready to that it, take however many wrapped pieces out of the freezer bag as needed.
Is this a good breakfast sushi?
While some people think that peanut butter and jelly is lunchtime only food, I think it makes for great breakfast sushi. Especially when kids don’t like to eat breakfast, this is breakfast kids and adults will love.
Ingredients for peanut butter and jelly sushi
- whole wheat sandwich bread
- natural creamy peanut butter
- sugar-free grape or strawberry jam
How to make sushi rolls out of PB&J
Starting with 2 pieces of bread on top of one another, using a rolling pin to flatten the bread to about 1/4 inch thickness. The bread will stick together at this point as if it is one slice. Cut off the crust on all 4 sides of the bread.
Spread the peanut butter evenly over the slice of the bread. Next spread the jelly over the peanut butter, leaving an inch on one side of the bread with no jelly.
Start with the jelly side of the bread start rolling the bread gently.
With the seam side down, cut the sushi into 3 pieces.
How to Make Peanut Butter and Jelly Sushi Style
- 2 slices whole wheat sandwich bread
- 1 tablespoon natural creamy peanut butter
- ½ tablespoon sugar-free grape or strawberry jam
- Stack 2 slices of bread on top of each other and gently roll them out with a rolling pin to about ¼-inch thickness. They will stick together at this point, as if they are 1 slice of flattened bread. Cut off the crust on all 4 sides.
- Spread the peanut butter evenly over the whole slice of bread.
- Spread the jelly on top of the peanut butter, leaving about an inch on one of the edges without jelly. This ensures that the jelly does not squeeze out when the bread is rolled.
- Start at the edge with jelly, and carefully roll the bread on itself.
- With the seam side down, cut the “sushi” into 3 equal pieces.