Making Chocolate Chip Coconut Banana Bread for breakfast? Serve it with the Best Green Smoothie recipe.
Chocolate Chip Coconut Banana Bread Recipe
If you’re only going to try one of my dessert recipes, please let it be this one! It is my absolute favorite! Friends that I shared this with compared the flavor to an Almond Joy candy bar. Um, hello, you’re welcome. Seriously, you must try this out!
You can mess around with the amount of chocolate and coconut based on the flavor you like, but one thing you shouldn’t change in this recipe is the pan size! I made two loaves with this recipe, and I used two 8×5 inch loaf pans. Using larger loaf pans could leave you with too little batter to make both loaves! Also, using either applesauce or Greek yogurt won’t change the delicious outcome of this dessert. Just be sure to use one or the other, don’t mix the two! I hope you love this one as much as I do!
Can I Freeze this Coconut Bread Recipe
If you want to make extra of this coconut bread to freeze or have bread that will not get eaten before it goes bad, you can freeze the bread. It is important to wrap the bread well with plastic wrap or to put it into a freezer bag. The bread will last for about 3 months in the freezer.
Can I Use Sugar-Free Chocolate Chips?
If you want to avoid the sugar that are in the mini chocolate, you can use sugar free chocolate chips. There are many brands you can use, but the most popular sugar free chocoalte chips are Lily’s.
Ingredients for Healthy Banana Bread
- ripe bananas
- unsweetened applesauce
- baking soda
- light butter
- light brown sugar
- mini chocolate chips
- coconut flakes
- coconut extract
How to Make Coconut Banana Bread with Chocolate Chips
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Spray two loaf pans with cooking spray. Starting in a medium sized bowl, mash the bananas with the fork.
In another bowl, add flour, salt, and baking soda. Use a whisk, mix together the dry ingredients.
Use a mixer and beat together the butter and brown sugar. Add in the mashed bananas, egg whites, applesauce or yogurt with the coconut extract, if you are using it. Mix together for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
Next, add in dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix on low speed. It’s very important not to over mix the batter.
Next, fold in mini chocolate chips and coconut flakes. Then, pour banana bread batter evenly into the loaf pans.
Bake banana bread loaves in the oven for 40-45 minutes until the edges are golden brown and knife inserted in center comes out clean.
Coconut Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
- 5 bananas
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce or ½ cup non-fat vanilla Greek yogurt
- 2 cups flour I used 1 cup white and 1 cup wheat
- 1½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 3½ Tbsp light butter
- ¾ cup light brown sugar
- 4 egg whites
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- ½ cup coconut flakes
- 1 tsp coconut extract optional
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray 2 loaf pans (8x4.5 inch or 8x5 inch) with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium size bowl, mash bananas with a fork.
- In a separate medium size bowl, add flour, salt and baking soda. Use a wire whisk to mix dry ingredients together.
- Using a stand mixer or hand mixer, cream (beat ingredients together at a high speed) butter and brown sugar together.
- Add mashed bananas, egg whites, applesauce or yogurt and coconut extract (if using). Mix on low for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Next, add in dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix on low speed. (It's very important not to over mix).
- Next, fold in mini chocolate chips and coconut flakes.
- Pour banana bread batter evenly into the loaf pans.
- Bake banana bread loaves in oven for 40-45 minutes until the edges are golden brown and knife inserted in center comes out clean.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.