If you love Chuy’s Jalapeno Ranch Dip, then this is a must make Copycat Recipe made with Hidden Valley Ranch Salad Dressing Mix. It tastes just like the restaurant version.
Since moving from Texas to Ohio, one of the challenges my husband Daron has encountered is finding a good Mexican restaurant. In Texas, the options for authentic Mexican restaurants seem unlimited but here in rural Ohio, that’s not the case. While we have found a few good locally-owned Mexican restaurants, my family still prefers to go to Chuy’s Mexican (yes, I know it’s a chain restaurant and we are still looking and open to suggestions). One of the reasons we love Chuy’s is for the Creamy Jalapeno Ranch Salsa Dip. It’s our favorite!
You can imagine how excited I was when I stumbled across an easy jalapeno ranch dip recipe on Pinterest. I made a few swaps to the recipe like cutting down on the amount of mayo and I added some fresh lime juice. Fresh jalapenos and cilantro paired with a packet of Hidden Valley Ranch Salad Dressing Mix help make this copycat recipe taste just as good as if you’re eating tableside at Chuy’s Mexican Restaurant! I make this version of Chuy’s Jalapeno Ranch Dip made with Hidden Valley often for Taco Tuesdays as my family loves it. It was recently a big hit at Our Farmer House Mexican Fiesta Party. Click here to learn How to Throw Your Own Epic Mexican Fiesta Party!
What Substitutions Can You Use in this Recipe?
I have found that you can swap in different substitutions in this recipe and adjust the amounts based on the flavors that you and your family prefer. For example, I don’t like a lot of mayonnaise and I increased the amount of sour cream to cut back on the mayo. I also have substituted buttermilk for some of the mayo and you can do this for a part of the sour cream as well. Feel free to adjust the jalapenos and remove the seeds to cut back on the heat or use canned jalapenos for a milder flavor. If you are looking to lighten-up this recipe, you can use low-fat sour cream and mayo.
Other Recipes Similar to Chuy’s Jalapeno Ranch Dip:
Ingredients to Make Chuy’s Jalapeno Ranch Dip:
- Hidden Valley Ranch Salad Dressing Mix
- Sour Cream
- Garlic Powder
- Lime Juice
How to Make Chuy’s Jalapeno Ranch Dip:
In a blender or food processor, add jalapeños and cilantro. Pulse or blend until finely chopped.
Using a blender, add sour cream, mayonnaise, salsa, Hidden Valley Ranch Salad Dressing (dry mix only), garlic powder, and lime juice to the jalapeños and cilantro mixture.
Blend for 45 seconds to 1 minute until smooth and creamy. Chill before serving. The mixture can be stored in the refrigerator.
Chuy's Jalapeno Ranch Dip: Easy Copycat Recipe Using Hidden Valley Ranch
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup good quality mayonnaise I use real mayo made with extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup mild salsa
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1-2 jalapeños, seeds removed Adjust the heat and spice by using more or less jalapeños
- 1 1 ounce packet of Hidden Valley Ranch Salad Dressing Dry Mix
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp lime juice
- In a blender or food processor, add jalapeños and cilantro. Pulse or blend until finely chopped.
- Using a blender, add sour cream, mayonnaise, salsa, Hidden Valley Ranch Salad Dressing (dry mix only), garlic powder, and lime juice to the jalapeños and cilantro mixture. Blend for 45 seconds to 1 minute until smooth and creamy. Chill before serving. Mixture can be stored in refrigerator.