This post may contain affiliate links, view our disclosure policy.
This quick and easy Frito Pie Recipe is one of Daron’s favorite Texas-inspired family dinner recipes! The base of the casserole pie is a delicious layer of crunchy Frito corn chips and then topped with lean ground beef, Ranch Style beans, enchilada sauce, and shredded cheese. The best part about this recipe is you can have it prepped and on the table in less than 30 minutes. It’s sure to be your new weeknight wonder for dinner.
Recipes Similar to this Easy Frito Pie Recipe:
- Easy Enchilada Noodle Casserole
- Easy Cheesy Mexican Dinner Burrito Skillet
- Healthy Vegetarian Mexican Lasagna Recipe
What are Ranch Style Beans?
Ranch-style beans are made with pinto beans in a Chili gravy. They are similar to baked beans or “pork and beans” but are not sweet like baked beans and don’t typically include bacon or pork. The zesty, bold, slightly spicy seasoning is the hallmark of Ranch style beans. These beans have origins in Texas and are made famous in Tex-Mex and Mexican-inspired dishes, including this Easy Frito Pie Recipe. You can readily find them in the bean section of your grocery store but also feel free to substitute them with any other bean like black beans, pinto, or chili beans.
What to serve with Frito Pie?
This is a Tex-Mex inspired dish. Here’s a few of our favorites:
- Fresh Salsa
- Mexican Black Bean Quinoa Salad
- Southwest Shrimp Salad
- Chuy’s Jalapeno Ranch Dip
What You Will Need to Make this Easy Frito Pie Recipe:
- Lean ground beef
- Green chiles
- Chili powder
- Salt and Pepper
- Ranch Style Beans
- Frito Corn Chips
- Enchilada Sauce
- Cheddar Cheese
- Green Onions
How to Make:
Firstly, preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Secondly, spray a 9×13 casserole dish with non-stick spray and set aside. In a large skillet, cook beef, onion, and green chiles over medium heat for 6-8 minutes until the beef is browned and the onion is translucent. Thirdly, use a wooden spoon to break up the beef. After breaking up the beef, season the meat, onion, and peppers with the Chili powder, Cumin, salt, and black pepper. Stir to combine.
Now add in both cans of Ranch style beans and heat through. Next, set aside 1 cup of Frito corn chips for the topping. Place the remaining corn chips in a greased 13×9 inch baking dish. Layer with the meat and bean mixture, cover evenly with the enchilada sauce and sprinkle the shredded cheese on top.
Then, bake uncovered for 15-20 minutes until the cheese is melts. To finish, sprinkle with green onions just before serving.
Easy Frito Pie Recipe
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 4 oz can green chiles diced
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 2 15 ounce cans Ranch Style Beans
- 1 pkg. (9.75 ounce) Frito Corn Chips
- 20 ounces enchilada sauce about 2 small cans
- 2 cups (8 ounces) cheddar cheese shredded
- 3 green onions thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x13 casserole dish with non-stick spray and set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook beef, onion, and green chiles over medium heat for 6-8 minutes until beef is browned and onion is translucent. Use a wooden spoon to break up beef.
- Season the beef, onion, and peppers with the Chili powder, Cumin, salt, and black pepper. Stir to combine.
- Add in both cans of Ranch style beans and heat through.
- Set aside 1 cup of Frito corn chips for the topping. Place the remaining corn chips in a greased 13x9 inch baking dish. Layer with the meat and bean mixture, cover evenly with the enchilada sauce, and sprinkle the shredded cheese on top.
- Bake, uncovered for 15-20 minutes until the cheese is melted. Sprinkle with green onions just before serving.