My recipe for Easy Mexican Ranch Burgers is loved by the entire family! Perfect for a fast weeknight dinner or weekend barbecue, this recipe is ready in under 30 minutes and has only a few ingredients. I utilize ranch seasoning in addition to the adobo sauce from canned chipotle peppers. Serve atop whole wheat buns for a healthy dose of fiber and top with whatever fresh vegetables or condiments you like. This recipe satisfies the burger craving without all the fat and calories.
Other recipes similar to Easy Mexican Ranch Burgers:
Healthier Beef Enchiladas Recipe(Opens in a new browser tab)
Japanese Chicken Teriyaki(Opens in a new browser tab)
Easy Cheesy Mexican Dinner Burrito Skillet(Opens in a new browser tab)
Healthy Easy Beef Stuffed Mexican Squash Recipe(Opens in a new browser tab)
Are Easy Mexican Ranch Burgers high in carbs?
Yes. Traditionally, the bun is the highest carbohydrate factor when eating a burger. While Easy Mexican Ranch Burgers are healthier than a conventional burger, it cannot be considered low carb if served on a bun, even if it is whole wheat. In order to make this a lower-carb recipe, omit the bun and serve in a lettuce wrap.
The carbohydrates clock in at 29 grams per serving depending upon ingredients used, so this recipe does not fall in the low carb category. If you need a low carb dinner option, try my Keto Sesame Crusted Chicken.
Ingredients to make Easy Mexican Ranch Burgers
- lean ground beef
- 1 (1-ounce) packet ranch salad dressing and seasonings mix
- chili powder
- adobo sauce from canned chipotle peppers
- reduced-fat pepper jack cheese
- whole grain hamburger buns
How to make Easy Mexican Ranch Burgers
To make this recipe, begin by combining the beef, ranch seasoning, cumin, chili powder and adobo sauce in a large bowl.
Using clean hands, form four patties out of your meat mixture. Heat an outdoor or indoor grill to medium high, then grease the grill so that the burgers do not stick.
Grill each hamburger for 4 minutes on one side, then flip the burgers, place cheese on top, and grill for an additional 2 minutes until cooked through. Serve on a whole grain bun with toppings as desired.
Easy Mexican Ranch Burgers
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 1-ounce packet ranch salad dressing and seasonings mix
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp adobo sauce from canned chipotle peppers
- 4 slices reduced-fat pepper jack cheese
- 4 whole grain hamburger buns
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the beef, ranch packet, cumin, chili powder, and adobo sauce.
- Using clean hands, form 4 equal-sized hamburgers and make a thumb indentation in the center to help the burgers keep their shape while cooking.
- Heat an outdoor grill (or indoor grill pan) over medium-high heat and grease it to keep the hamburgers from sticking.
- Grill each hamburger for about 4 minutes, then flip it and place the cheese on top. Let it cook for another 2 minutes, or until cooked through and the cheese is melted.
- Serve on a whole grain bun with optional toppings as desired.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.