Looking for a delicious Southwestern BBQ Chicken Flatbread recipe? This chicken flatbread meal idea is so simple and easy to make. It’s a great meal for a weeknight dinner and is perfect for when you want BBQ and are in the mood for pizza, why not make it a combo?
Pair this easy flatbread pizza with Cranberry Apple Coleslaw Recipe for a delicious dinner.
Southwest BBQ Chicken Flatbread
Is this a BBQ Chicken Flatbread Panera Copycat?
This is a delicious BBQ Chicken Flatbread that is very similar to the BBQ Chicken Flatbread Panera has. What I love about this version, is that you can customize your flavors and make it just the way you like it.
Can I Use Rotisserie Chicken for Flatbread Pizza?
While this recipe doesn’t call for rotisserie chicken, you can replace the boneless chicken bread with rotisserie chicken if you prefer. It is a way to save time by buying a pre-cooked rotisserie chicken from your local grocery store. You can also use leftover chicken when you want to make this recipe.
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Original flavor flatbreads
- Low-sugar barbecue sauce
- Black Bean and Corn Salsa
- Mild Cheddar or Reduced-fat mild cheddar shredded cheese
How to Make BBQ Chicken Flatbread
First, you need to poach the chicken. Place the chicken in a large pot with enough water to cover it. Add the bay leaves, parsley, and whole peppercorns.
When the water comes to a boil, cover the pot and reduce the heat to love. Simmer the chicken for 10-15 minutes until it reaches an internal temperature of 165.
Use tongs to remove the chicken and place it on a plate. Once it is cool enough to touch, shred the chicken.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and bake the flatbread on an ungreased baking sheet until it is slightly crisp.
Remove the bread from the oven and cover it with 3/4 cup shredded chicken, 1/4 cup of BBQ sauce, 1/2 Black bean, and corn salsa. Then add 1/4 cup of cheese.
Other Recipes that are Similar:
Easy Hawaiian Barbecue Chicken Cups
Mini Barbecue Meatloaf Muffins
Chipotle Peanut Barbecue Chicken Tenders
BBQ and Chicken Flatbread
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 light original flavor flatbreads
- 1 cup barbecue sauce or low-sugar barbecue sauce
- 2 cups Black Bean and Corn Salsa
- 1 cup Mild cheddar cheese or use reduced-fat mild cheddar shredded cheese
- To poach the chicken: Place the chicken breasts in a pot large enough to hold them all, and fill the pot with enough water (or chicken stock) to cover the chicken by about 1-2 inches. Add 2 dried bay leaves, fresh parsley stems, and whole peppercorns to flavor the cooking liquid if desired, then bring to a boil over high heat.
- When the water comes to a boil, cover the pot with a lid and reduce the heat to low. Simmer the chicken for 10-15 minutes, or until the internal temperature of the thickest part of the breast reads 165º F.
- Using tongs, remove the chicken and reserve on a plate. When it's cool enough to touch, shred it and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350° F and bake the flatbreads on an ungreased baking sheet until they are slightly crisp, 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and top each flatbread evenly with ¾ cup shredded chicken, ¼ cup barbecue sauce, ½ cup Black Bean and Corn Salsa, and ¼ cup cheese.
- Place the flatbreads back into the oven and cook until the cheese is melted and the ingredients are warmed through, 6-8 minutes.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.