Tuna salad is delicious on its own, but I like adding an unexpected ingredient. My dreamy Creamy Avocado Tuna Salad is a healthy version of the classic lunch staple. First, I begin by mixing together mayonnaise and Greek yogurt mixture with some spices for the sauce. Then, add tuna and mashed avocado. Stir together until completely combined. Also add celery, red bell pepper, and cilantro for crunch and flavor. Finally, serve in a lettuce cup or inside your hollowed-out avocado shell. You’ll make this Creamy Avocado Tuna Salad over and over!
Recipes Similar to Creamy Avocado Tuna Salad:
Avocado and Tuna; A Healthy Match
We all know that I love seafood so much for its health benefits. Seafood, tuna included, contains healthy fats such as Omega-3 fatty acids, which are awesome for heart and brain health. It just so happens that avocado also contains high amounts of healthy fats! These healthy fats help boost our immune systems and keep our nails, hair, and skin clear and youthful. With two nutrient-packed ingredients, this is the healthiest tuna salad ever!
Avocado helps any dish become creamy and luxurious. Want more avocado ideas? Try my BBQ Chicken Sandwich with Spicy Avocado Sauce!
Ingredients in Creamy Avocado Tuna Salad
- light mayonnaise
- plain, nonfat Greek yogurt
- red pepper flakes
- black pepper
- chunk white albacore tuna
- red bell pepper
- fresh cilantro
- iceberg lettuce
How to Make This Tuna Salad
In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, yogurt, cumin, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper until smooth.
Add the tuna and break it up with a fork or rubber spatula.
Next add the avocado, celery, red bell pepper, and cilantro. Gently fold it all together to evenly combine.
Serve 1 cup in each lettuce leaf.
Creamy Avocado Tuna Salad
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup plain, nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 2 5 oz. cans chunk white albacore tuna, in water
- 1 avocado, pitted and diced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- 4 large iceberg lettuce leaves
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, yogurt, cumin, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper until smooth.
- Add the tuna and break it up with a fork or rubber spatula.
- Next add the avocado, celery, red bell pepper, and cilantro. Gently fold it all together to evenly combine.
- Serve 1 cup in each lettuce leaf.