This post may contain affiliate links, view our disclosure policy.
Today, we’re sharing our Christmas Bucket List, including 19 fun things to do as a family.
Before Christmas day, get inspired and list everything you can do to make the most of this season. It’s the time of year when we try to enjoy ourselves by having fun and making holiday traditions. A simple Christmas bucket list can help you and your family get the most out of your holiday.
We’ve put together this guide with 19 fun things to do as a family to help you plan your Christmas season activities and have the best possible time.
Our Farmer House Christmas Bucket List:
1. Put up the Christmas tree and hang the stockings. In our case, I decided to put up two Christmas trees at our house, and instead of stockings this year, I’m surprising the kids with Christmas bags.
2. Decorate a gingerbread house. We decided to take it a step further this year and host a gingerbread decorating competition! I purchased a decorating kit with four houses, and we compete on teams as a family. Bring it on! I’ll let you know who wins the challenge:).
3. Host a family baking night. Gather your family and friends and bake cookies and candies together. You can even make ornaments or wrap gifts together. Read all about our recent family baking night here.
4. Bake lots of cookies. Here are a few cookies that we make every year:
- No-Bake Chocolate Protein Cookies
- Easy Shortbread Cookies
- Lightened-Up Gingerbread Cookies
- Peppermint Meringue Cookies
5. Give Back! Adopt a secret Santa family or put together gift bags for the homeless. This season is all about spreading love and showing kindness. Get the kids and the whole family involved in giving back this Christmas season. From giving gifts to sending handwritten cards and care packages, make this season special for someone in need.
6. Watch Christmas movies. Check out Our Farmer House Christmas Movie list with 18 of our favorites to watch this season. Make time to unplug and relax as a family.
7. Look at Christmas Lights. Load up the car, pack snacks, and go for a drive to look at Christmas lights and turn up the Christmas tunes. We love going to Coney Island and looking at the incredible light display.
8. Make an awesome Christmas Charcuterie board and have a Family Game Night! Get creative with snacks and festively display them on a white or wooden board while playing your favorite board games. We love playing Pictionary, Family Feud, and Trivial Pursuit.
9. Donate food items to a local food bank. Our church and the kid’s school were part of a community food drive where we gathered items. Take it one step further by volunteering at the local food bank and helping create holiday boxes.
11. Host a Christmas Party! I love hosting my family and friends this time of year. Mix things up with a Mexican Fiesta themed holiday party like the one we recently had a few weeks ago. So much fun!
12. Have a family worship night. Get together for a night of family worship, prayer, and reading the Christmas story of the birth of Jesus.
13. Sit around the fireplace and read Christmas stories. We love drinking hot chocolate around the fireplace and reading our favorite classic, “Twas the Night Before Christmas.”
14. Put together a DIY hot chocolate bar. With just a few simple items, you can make your own hot chocolate bar and make homemade hot chocolate to drink while you take a walk in your neighborhood to look at the lights.
Image: Little Spice Jar
15. Kiss your special someone under the mistletoe! This is Daron’s favorite;)…if you can’t find mistletoe, you can make or order a festive mistletoe ball like the one shown.
Image: Southern Living
16. Go Christmas caroling. Rehearse 2-3 Christmas songs, go out in your neighborhood, and spread the holiday cheer.
17. Wear an ugly Christmas sweater for a party or fun. We like to host a holiday party this time of year and ask everyone to wear their favorite ugly or stylish Christmas sweater!
18. Wrap Christmas gifts. Have a wrapping day and set aside time to wrap presents and make pretty bows. Here’s an excellent tutorial for beautiful bow making.
19. Make homemade cinnamon rolls for Christmas morning. Here’s a great recipe I like to use that only takes one hour!
Image: Life Made Simple Bakes
I would love to hear about your Christmas Bucket List this year. Comment or tag us in a picture @ourfarmerhouse
I hope you have a wonderful Christmas and enjoy as much time as possible with the ones you love the most.